Clinics & Services
Practice Nurse Services
Our practice nurses are available Monday, Wednesday and Friday and can be contacted through the receptionists. They can help you with:
- Anticoagulation checks (Warfarin) - for patients stable on warfarin we are able to monitor and adjust the dose of warfarin in the practice. This is carried out by the practice nurses on a one stop appointment. Housebound patients will be seen at home by the district nurses.
- Asthma control
- Blood pressure checks
- Cardiovascular E.C.G. checks
- Cervical smears
- Childhood immunisations
- Chronic disease management
- C.O.P.D. management - Spirometry
- Diabetic management
- Ear care
- Family Planning – available during normal surgeries.
- First Aid services
- Heart Disease management
- Hypertension management
- Removal of stitches
- Travel advice & vaccinations – more information is available on the above tab. Our practice is a registered Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre
- Well person checks - free health checks are available for all patients over the age of 40 and a letter of invitation will be sent to each one every 5 years. These checks are to exclude hypertension, diabetes, atrial fibrillation, and kidney disease and to address issues such as smoking, obesity, and lack of exercise.
Annual Medical Review
Patients with on-going medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, asthma, C.O.P.D., epilepsy, stroke and T.I.A. are sent for on an annual basis, usually during their month of birth (except for those with hypertension having birthdays in April, May, and June where there will be a short delay).
A reminder will be printed onto the prescription counterfoil for 3 months prior to the month your review is required and you are requested to make an appointment to have that review done. Currently the message is PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT with nurse for annual review check, fasting blood test and medication review. Normally done during the month of your birth. You will need this for your medication to be continued.